Cookies and how they benefit you
Our cookies are ESSENTIAL for:
- Using our online shop
- Viewing your "recently viewed" items
- Logging into your account
- Identifying your session when making your payment online
If you don't accept our storing of these harmless text files on your equipment, you will not be able to use our online shop. If you don't wish to use our online shop, you're welcome to call us on 01698 333200 during opening hours and we'll be happy to take your order over the phone.
Our hours of business are: 07:30am - 17:00pm Monday to Thursday. 07:30am - 16:30pm Friday. Closed Saturday & Sunday.
Our cookies help:
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- When you log in to your account, personalise our site to you to help you get what you need faster
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the products and services we do at the most competitive prices)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below:
About our own ("First Party") cookies
- Making our shopping basket and checkout work
- Determining if you are logged in to your account or not
- Remembering your search settings and searches
- Remembering if you have accepted our terms and conditions
- Showing you which pages you have recently visited and items you have looked at
- Allowing you to add comments to our site
- Tailoring content to your needs
- Remembering if we have already asked you certain questions (e.g. you declined to register for an account or accept cookies)
THERE IS NO WAY TO PREVENT THESE COOKIES BEING SET OTHER THAN TO NOT USE OUR SITE
About other Company's ("Third Party") cookies
Our site, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third parties. An example is our payment gateway provided by Sage Pay. Sage Pay, for example, will set cookies during the payment process to help with verification and security.
- Sage Pay
DISABLING THESE COOKIES WILL BREAK THE PAYMENT PROCESS AND YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO COMPLETE YOUR ORDER ONLINE
About anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
- Google Analytics
DISABLING THESE COOKIES WILL HAVE NO ADVERSE EFFECT ON HOW OUR WEBSITE PERFORMS, AND WILL HAVE NO ADVERSE EFFECT ON YOUR SHOPPING OR BROWSING EXPERIENCE
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies.
Learn how to turn off cookies by clicking HERE.
Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of ours and a large proportion of the world's websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
It may be that your concerns around cookies relate to so called "spyware". Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.
Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software by clicking HERE.
About The Law
For more information on the Cookie Law, consult the ICO website by clicking HERE (Link opens in a new browser window)